onsdag 19 februari 2014

Handbalancing for the first time

The subjects for today was equbrilitics and acrobatics.

During the equbrilistics class we could choose whatever we wanted to practise among the different things we have tried: strap on stilts, unicycle, rola bola and tightwire. I really like to do thight wire walking and I felt that I have improved a lot since last week. I could walk both backwards and forwards and do the half turns. We experimented quite lot how we could do different turns, and also watched an educational DVD from Cirque du Soleil on tight wire. I also practiced some other types of walking, and the two feet balance and slide walks.


In the afternoon we had acrobatics focused on handstands and hand balancing. We did more cartwheels and front rolls, and than we practiced handstands in different way for quite a long time, which was really good since I really want to learn the handstand. We also had an introduction on hand balancing which was really fun to try. Even though this photo is a bit blurry I am holding this position. After this acrobatics class I feel that I really need to exercise my core muscles more so I can keep my body straighter in different positions.

Top handbalancing beginner tips:
  • Tension your body as much as you can.
  • Keep your weight to the front so you don't fall backwards of the canes when balancing. That happen to me and hurt.
  • Work on your shoulder flexibility and core strength to be able to do the exercises better.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar