lördag 27 december 2014

Juggling has spread - juggling set at IKEA

I have spent the days after Christmas lying in my bed reading insanely many books, so I didn't bother to join my sister to IKEA.

"They have started to sell juggling equipment at IKEA!", my sister told me when she came back.

I think this is really good, even though I don't expect much from the juggling equipment itself. When I started doing diabolo, I had one from the local toy store, and then as I got better, my parents got me a better one. I hope this IKEA juggling kit will do the same for kids and juggling.

Having the right equipment is crucial in juggling, since you are going to spend so much time using it. If you equipment is so bad it actually prevent you from succeeding, you might loose all you joy of juggling and motivation. On the other hand, until you have tried something out you don't know if you like it and it is considerably easier and cheaper to get some "bad" toy/unprofessional equipment.

The key in this dilemma I think is to know when it is time to move on to get professional equipment, but it is hard to know when that is.

Back to this IKEA juggling kit; it has a description of key features.


Juggling helps your child develop important concentration skills.- Encourages your child to train and improve. They start juggling with 1 ball and move up to 3.
- The balls and clubs can be used together as a bowling game.
- The rings and clubs can be used together as a tossing game.
- Your child can also swing the rings around their wrist or ankle, and throw and catch them with friends.
- Easy to store away in the included net bag.
I think they have kind of caught the essence of juggling: Train to improve step by step, juggle with friends and encourage new creative ways of using the equipment.
To end this article, I will include a picture of some of my own juggling balls:

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar