söndag 2 mars 2014

Switching back and forth from work, studies and hobbies

At the birthday party I talked to a friend who said he had given his circus interest a proper go for the last five or six years, and worked as a self employed circus artist. He said that during his studies circus was always his biggest interest, but when he started working with circus he suddenly found that he had no hobby anymore.


My friend M and I had a poi photo shoot in December in Luleå, showing how much we love poi spinning.

I was interesting to hear his story because I am now doing the same thing: I am turning my hobby into something I do full time. Now when I do circus all day, I must do something else as a hobby. And happily, as you blog readers might have realized when i visited London, architecture suddenly become my hobby. I didn't realize this until I had this talk at the party, but now my hobby (circus) and studies (civil engineering and architecture)  has switched place.


I am dancing in front of the UFO cottage at the Three Hotel i the small village Harads, proving how much I love architecture.

I am so happy that architecture has become my new hobby because it means that I in some way really like architecture and engineering and that it is not just something I studied to get a stable income in the future. It also makes me feel more motivated to maybe continue my studies because then I will do the same thing as I did when I came here: turn my interest into something I do full time. I can tell you from this experience that it is wonderful to do that. .








Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar