måndag 24 mars 2014

Backflip - jump and hope for the best!

This day of CIP was filled with performance class, and now we saw what a progress we have done since the first weeks. We did many exercises with different levels of tension in the body, as well as more work and improvisation on "Obesession" which is the theme for the show.

At the parcour class we all tried to do an assisted back flip which was the first time for me. It was super scary! First, we tried it from a height down to a crash mat and then from the floor to a crash mat, but they where both equally scary. I don't think I tuck in my legs pr anything but just jumped and hoped that the teacher would spin me around and save me, which he did. I am very proud of myself though that I dared to do it and now it fells like I want to do it again!

Top tips for beginners of assisted back flips:
  • It is easier to do it from a height down a to a crash mat, but it is scary since you are high up.
  • When doing it from the floor, remember to jump up high in the air before you tuck.
  • Commit to it! Believe that you can do it! It think fear is the biggest enemy when staring to to back flips, at least it is that for me. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar