torsdag 27 mars 2014

Aerial and silks

This morning when I came to Greentop the rigging ladder was up, and they were rigging up some old new silks for the aerial day. Almost everyone wanted to do aerial, and since there are so many different aerial equipment we had to chose our first choice and second choice. Surprisingly, we are very evenly divided between the equipment: static trapeze, rope, silks, aerial hoop, static cloud swing and straps. I think it will be good with such a variety in the show.

The rigging ladder from another day when they were rigging.
Aerial classes are now turning out a little bit different as time moves closer to the show. The teaches divide their time between the different equipments, and in between we have practice time. I get along well with the other girl who chose silks, and we also listen to the rope instructions since rope and silks have some things in common. 

There was some "new" (at least to us) silks there today to replace the old ones. This new ones where so much springier, thicker so it was difficult to grab all of them at the same time and not slippy at all. My first climb in them was like climbing in sand that just fell down no matter how much I pushed them away to climb upwards. At least I will get stronger by using them. They also told by that doing drops wouldn't hurt as much with the springier ones, but I didn't try it out today.

Aerial class with silks in the foreground and static cloud swing in the background. On the left there is a trapeze and on the right there is a rope.
 We also did some creative exercises to start thinking about our routines for the show. I feel that I need a strong performance and theme since I cannot just rely on technique in silks since I still consider myself as quite a beginner. I still haven't decided what to chose as a theme yet.

The cradle (?)
 I learned some new moves today, and some better techniques to go to positions I already new. As you can see on the photo I wore new leggings that had a more cotton surface to make it less slippery, and I actually didn't fall down as much as last week. Maybe it is placebo effect, an actual effect or just the face that I have gotten stronger. I spent quite a lot of the practice time messing around to see what tricks that went well together and that could be possible combinations for the show.

Split!
After all this aerial I am very tired in my shoulders and arms so I will rest them tonight. In areal, I definitely feel that it was the arm strength that I lacked to be able to do everything, but it feels better every week.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar