torsdag 6 mars 2014

The flying teapots and fire spinning

It is already week five of the course. I am really getting used to do this and I really like going to Greentop every day.

I have had a beginning of a cold this week so this Monday I didn't go to beginners evening trapeze class. instead, I went for Sheffield University juggling club "Flying Teapots" juggling practice session. It was very nice to see a room full of enthusiastic jugglers and object manipulators. I learned some new nice devil sticks moves and also some new poi moves ("the wrong weave" and "the antispin vetruvian man").

In poi, I have reached the point when it can sometimes be difficult to know what to learn next or where to head next, but there were some really skilled and nice poi spinners there that I talked to. I have never been to any juggling conventions but now I understand how you can learn a lot from them!

After the practice session we headed to West Park to do some fire practice. I had brought my fire poi from Sweden so after I had watched the other people I also had a go. My poi was burning a lot more than usual, and I don't know if it was because it was hot in the air or if it was the paraffin fuel that was different.




At the end A did some fire breathing. It looks really cool, but I think I will never dare to do it.

When I first started doing poi, I don't know if i was even aware that it was possible to do fire spinning. I had been doing poi for many years (hmm summers) when I tried fire for the first time with the jester club in Luleå, and I was really scared of the fire.

Now, I quite enjoy spinning with fire, but I still have a lot of respect for it. I like the sound of the flames when they move through the air, and still get a little adrenalin when I do it, even if it is not as much as when I was less used to fire spinning. It was a good evening.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar