fredag 28 mars 2014

Supervised acro practice - back flips on a tumble run!

On Fridays we only have half a day of class, and today we were scheduled for supervised acrobatic practice. Even though I didn't chose to specialize in acrobatics, we are required to attend all the classes anyway, but we can practice whatever we want in our chosen areas and the teachers will help us the best as they can since they often know many circus skills beside their specialization.

For today, I chose to join the acrobatics practice since I still like acrobatics and it is fun to try different things. At the moment I see acrobatics more as a compliment to my other skills, and I don't think that I can become an acrobat. But acrobatics can easily be mixed together with almost any other circus skill and be a nice spice to juggling, equibrilistics and aerial.

During class. To the left he is attaching himself to the security lines, standing on the tumble run. In the middle there are aerial straps and a trapeze.

I was very excited today when the teacher said that we would try the inflated tumble run. It was bouncy and felt like when you were a child jumping around in one of those jumping castles. I did some handstands forward rolls, rond offs and tried some head springs.

Later, I also tried to do some back flips attached to the security lines. It was scary and I was not close to do it by myself, but were securily catched by the lines. I don't think I did any better, but at least I fought my inner fear of jumping backwards in the air. In many of acrobatics, aerial and other circus skills there is the fear that stops me, and to defeat it I just have to push my limits slowly, which I really felt that I did today!
A cut out from one of the filmed clips of the backflips. 
I did as usual (if there is anything usual with back flips?): tried to overcome my fear by jumping and hope for the best!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar