torsdag 20 mars 2014

Specialization phase started

This week has been different to the previous weeks at the course, because we now all have chosen our specialization subjects among manipulation, acrobatics, aerial and equbrilistics. For me, it was quite a hard decision since i like everything and couldn't really decide if I wanted to broaden my skills or be better at the ones I already got.

After a lot of thought I chose equibrilistics and aerial and I will do there even more to progress and develop some kind of act that can be fitted into the final show. I like the idea that we are doing a show together at the end.

During the dance class we have been working on our pieces for the final show, and it is both difficult and interesting to create and choreograph your own things. It can sometimes be difficult to collaborate, communicate ideas and make movement to a beat but I am happy with what we have made so far. 

I have been doing a lot of tightwire lately, and juggling even if I didn't pick manipulation. I really want to learn how to juggle five balls so I am practicing that quite a lot. I also just discovered hat juggling, which was unexpected since I have never had any interest in that before. our juggling teacher said that that is typical for hat juggling; at first people think it is not sp interesting and then suddenly it comes up to you anyway. I did tightwire and juggling together that day since I had to rest my feet from the tightwire sometimes, but now I have bought soft sole shoes to protect my feet.

Today we ha aerial all day and I felt that I have become stronger in my arms. I am still super tired, but at least I did more things today than any other aerial class. I have become even better at climbing and doing different silks positions, even though I have never done any drops yet.

Tomorrow we will have another clown class as we have already had one in the beginning of the week. We used clown clothes for the first time which was fun and made me feel very clowny, which was a good thing.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar