tisdag 26 januari 2016

Preparing for Riga after a nice start in Luleå!

I have now moved back to the north of Sweden! It is so nice to back and continuing my studies and meeting all my old and new friends at the university circus club Phire!
I started my first full day in Luleå with creating a staff routine with my partner poi partner E that we then performed in the evening at the dinner for graduates from Luleå University of Technonogy!

Back to a snowy Luleå University of Technology

We went to a martial arts room with mirrors and since we had such a short of time we did a speed version of our usual method for creating choreographies. We also practised our old partnerpoi choreography and it went on without any mistakes at all. It seems like I will never forget how to do it!

We also played around with our encore with some special poi that involved glasses and water that was supposed to look like champagne.

A blurry picture when I still have the nice hairdo and clothes from the LED show at the graduation dinner.
Later at night at the venue I met up with the rest of Phire to do some fire mingle before the stage LEDshow. It feel so nice to be back! Luckily this was just before the cold hit Luleå so it was not too cold, and we wore our medieval clothing made from thick wool.

I am not sure which one I like the most from fire mingle or stage show. During fire mingle there is a lot of room for improvisation and interaction, but in the choreograph there is other possibilities to create things that needs some planning and practising.

Phire is doing fire mingle before the show! 
The days after the fire show it got really cold. I was a little bit unused to this after some time at the Swedish west coast in the south.



Now I am preparing for going to Riga on Thursday to attend the Nordic Baltic Circus Network workshop in how to work with objects. I am so excited to go there and develop my understanding, get inspired and meet other circus artists!



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar