lördag 3 september 2016

Stockholm Juggling Weekend 2016 -reunite with friends and playing juggling games!

I am back after a long time with no see, but there has been quite a lot of juggling!

I spent the summer working in Göteborg which made it possible to go to Stockholm for Stockholm juggling weekend, a small juggling convention co-arranged with the Swedish national unicycle championships.

I also had a reunion with my friend from the time at circus school at Greentop, who came all the way from Ireland to visit the convention. She said it was cute that the convention was so small, but that it was nice because you got to talk with everyone, as we were just about 20 participants.

Jugglers practising at Stockhom Juggling Weekend! Photo by Rebecca.


I spent the days mostly passing clubs since I really like to do that but too seldom I have someone to pass with. I tried Brunos nightmare, and almost learned Roundabout. I took some time to get my head around it but after a while it got better, but I both want and need to practise them again.

I am always happy that people have the patience to teach me things, and I think in juggling (and maybe most things) it is a lot of  "pay it forward" when it comes to teach people new things. When I started learning how to pass clubs I always felt bad because I was always the one dropping but now I am more confident with just trying new things over and over again to learn them.

Practising Roundabout. Photo by Rebecca


When I was not juggling I watched some unicycle competitions with unicycle hockey being the funniest! At the evenings we watched juggling videos lying at a crash mat eating crisps.

I would say that the best things with conventions are all the juggling games! Maybe I appreciate them even more since I usually dont have enough jugglers around in Luleå to be able to play them. We did Jolleyball, Gladiator, and a (for me) new game that was like gladiator in teams, and of course some regular games!


Juggling fight! Photo by Rebecca




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar