torsdag 29 januari 2015

Maybe architecture is frozen circus?

It was a long time ago since I wrote about architecture in this blog, and one reason for that might be that here in Luleå I am so used to the city that I don't think about what architecture there might be here. I am now doing a course in form, function and shape in architecture, and one of your tasks is to look around Luleå to find different elements of shape.
This house was our choice for "asymetric in balance". Even though the house in asymetric,  it feels stable with the domination of the right tower.

 This was our choice for "lines with an upward feeling". This is the Norrbotten's theatre. At the right, you can see a woman on kick sled.

This is the city hall of Luleå. I think it kind of reassembles of the UN building and other building of power.

I think that many of the elements of shapes and lines I study in this architecture class can be applied to circus. In circus there are also lines, shapes and contrast. Goethe said that "Architecture is frozen music", but maybe architecture is frozen circus?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar